Exclusive Interview: Singapore Fitness Trainer Edison King Ho learn the fitness training technique and skills from books
1. When did you start training your physique? What makes you decide to build up?
I started training when I was 17 because I was very skinny and got bullied a lot. I need to protect myself.
2. Is it important to control diet if you want to have a good and nice build? What should we eat to have a balance diet before and after training?
Training is 100%, diet is 100% too. You need to give everything you got to have a very nice physique. In order for your body to have sufficient nutrients, you need to get some simple carbs from good source only before and after workout e.g: white rice, potatoes and enough protein after your workout.
3. Why did you start to become a fitness trainer? Is it hard to be a fitness trainer and do you need to be certified to do it?
I started coaching my friends when I was 19 for fun in the community gym. I learned my own technique and skills from books and pro body builder in the gym. When I was 22, I started to feel satisfied whenever my clients got result, that’s when I started to take up courses, get myself certified and read up more!
4. How many students do you have for now? Are there more female or male students?
Currently I have 20 over clients with equal number of females and males.
5. Why nowadays many working executives love to go gym during their lunch hour?
That’s because they want to get it done with so after work they can go back home to their family or get involve with their social life. I consider them as are very responsible and determined people because they find ways not to give excuses for themselves not to go gym.
6. Understand that your wife had just gave birth to a baby boy. How much time do you spend with your wife and is it tough to be a baby daddy?
Yes, I’ve just promoted to becoming a dad. I make sure to spend time with my family after work and on weekends. And I still find ways to workout! No excuse! It wasn’t easy becoming a husband and a dad at the same time because you need to provide and I really want to be a hands-on dad in taking care of my new baby and my wife as she recovers from pregnancy.
7. How do you juggle between your career and family? Can you share more with our readers?
Family always come first. Now with my newborn baby, I should even work harder. My wife is a very understanding person which makes my life very easy and comfortable. Without my wife, I might not be where I am today. My tips to all your readers is first balance your family followed by your career but don’t forget to have some time for yourself to de-stress and to have a clear mind.
8. If there are new students keen to sign up with your fitness class, how do they contact you? How many lessons do you conduct a week?
I conduct my personal training sessions from Monday to Saturday. Sunday is my family day. 7.30am to 7pm (Weekdays) 7.30am to 5pm (Weekends). They can contact me via Instagram @_kingbrah and @kingbrahfitness to know more about my fitness background.
9. What do you want to say to your friends and supporters here?
Take good care of your fitness and health before anything. Money is important but don’t let what you earned go to medical bill because it will turn out to be the same. Persistency and Consistency is the key to anything in life.
JUSTCLICK & CONNECT