Exclusive Interview: Singapore Actor and Founder of ADSBOX Jason Sim says he want to bring up potential actors to another level with better roles exposures
1. When did you started your showbiz business and why you want to start this agency ADSBOX?
I started my media company in the year 2008. As I felt there's a lack of media pipelines for Artistes to emerge from. Want to bring up potential actors to another level with better roles exposures.
2. How many artistes and talents do you manage since the day you start ADSBOX?
Mostly are male or female talents, and what do they specialise in? We started from 0 Artiste on hand, through casting interviews and auditions, eventually we grow in numbers. Today, we have a healthy pool of 1200 talent data base. Probably 70% female and 30% male, mainly specialises in Acting.
3. Who are your favourite artistes at ADSBOX and why they are your group of favourite artistes?
In Media Entertainment line, it's important to follow what the company says and plan. Those who listened and follow accordingly would naturally be in the top chart. Currently our female Artiste (Actor/Emcee/Streamer) Cindy Chang topped the list.
4. Is it difficult to manage artistes and talents in Singapore? How did you get them assignment or show opportunities?
It's never easy to manage Humans, more over talents even if you have the most systematic platform for them. With 12 years media experience and network, we have secured Partnership with quite a number of production houses, casting team, events company and of course, Mediacorp. Therefore we have jobs from Drama, movies, TV Commercial Ads etc.
5. Do you like to act, sing or host? How long have you been in the entertainment industry and why you want to become a artiste?
I have yearn to be an actor and singer when I'm 16, didn't have the chance nor right path which took me years to climb. I'm someone that loves challenges, never like to be desk bound, that's pretty much tells about my character. Haha...
6. If given a chance for you to go China to become a singer or actor, will you grab the opportunity as we understand that you already a married man with two kids.
A man can be married, but the passion and dreams may not die! So for me, my answer is Yes!
7. Name one Asian actor and one Asian singer you hope to work with in near future? Why you choose them?
I would love to meet 周润发 as my acting mentor as he possessed a supreme personality that inspires me deeply. As for singer, JJ Lin is someone whom I truly respect especially in the recent years. His talents and self adaptability to all kinds of performances really crowned himself as the new era "歌王" in my own opinion.
8. How long will you stay in this entertainment industry, whether as the managing director of ADSBOX or as a artiste?
Till the day my body vanishes from this world.
9. What do you want to says to all the new emerging artistes and talents out there? Any advise for them?
In Media, its about perseverance, discipline, determination and being hungry! You got it? You made it someday.
JUSTCLICK & CONNECT